Conveniently, February has 28 days (well 29, this year) making a mid month check-in quite easy.
First, the facts: of our projected budget of â‚¬2909.86, we’ve spent â‚¬2111.13. Of that, â‚¬97.96 was unbudgeted, or where I went over in a budget category.
- â‚¬32.64 (unbudgeted) for the respitory therapist
- â‚¬13.14 (over budget) for cloth
- â‚¬22.20 (unbudgeted) for a check that wasn’t entered in the registrar
- â‚¬3.60 (over budget) for unexpected bank fees
- â‚¬10 (unbudgeted) for the yearly charge on a credit card that my husband applied for last year against my wishes. He’s never used it.
- â‚¬16.38 (unbudgeted) for a book of coupons for our upcoming vacation
I’m ok with the first and the last items. I can’t not pay for medical care for my children, and most of it will be reimbursed. The book of coupons will be used to save quite a bit of money in Los Angeles and we got a free $25 restaurant gift certificate. Not to mention that I earned 750 points through MyPoints, getting me closer to my $10 Target gift card.* I’m not really ok with the extra money I spent on cloth, mostly because I did what I know I shouldn’t ever do… go into Ikea unattended.
The other three unexpected charges? Well, I still haven’t gotten around to fixing one of those niggling January problems: checking for checks and fees that haven’t gone through the account yet. I promise to do that for the end of this month.
The good news is that we still haven’t eaten out in February! Can we keep it up?
*If you want a referral, please let me know!