It’s been a tagging kind of week! First I was tagged by Gidget for the Random Things Meme. Then I was tagged by Sarah at Lifestyles of the Organized. Gidget’s tag was for six random things, and Sarah’s was for seven. So, as a good personal finance blogger, I’m sharing seven random things about me… financially.
- I was really good at saving money with my first bank account- until I got an ATM card.
- I’ve never had more than $3000 in savings at any one time, and that was only on rare occasions.
- I feel really uncomfortable talking about money with my kids, even though I understand the importance of doing so.
- My kids don’t get an allowance for two reasons: I don’t know how much to give them and I feel like we can’t afford it (even though we really can).
- I resent when my husband buys things, even when he’s using his designated slush fund.
- I have a bowl with random international spare change in it, just about the only souvenirs I keep from traveling.
- I feel inferior to people who spend more money than I do and have more expensive things than me, even though they might not necessarily be managing their money wisely.
And you! I don’t like to tag people with this sort of meme, so if you choose to play along (with financial stuff or not) then just leave link back to this post in your post and the link will be automatically added in the trackbacks. Or leave your answer here- what are some random financial things about you?