This recipe works really well in two different versions- one for vegetarians, the other for carnivores. It can be served as a main dish, hot or cold, in the summer or winter, with fresh spinach or frozen. It’s downright adaptable!
- 1 cup defrosted drained chopped frozen spinach or
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup crumbled blue or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 large flank steak (meat option)
- 1 sheet puff pastry (veggie option)
Preheat oven to 400°. Mix the first five ingredients together. If using flank steak, split it through the middle so that you have half the thickness and twice the width. Spread the filling on the steak or the pastry and, starting at a short end, roll carefully so that all the spinach filling is contained. Bake until cooked through, about half an hour. Serve with rice.