This curry is so delicious and costs almost nothing to make. Although the sauces are slightly expensive to purchase, a bottle goes a long, long way, making the per meal cost of the sauce fairly low. It is also incredibly filling, with cauliflower and garbanzo beans. I serve it with homemade samosas or rice.
Veggie Curry (tonight’s version)
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into large pieces
- 4 carrots, largely chopped
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon Patak’s curry paste
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- you can also add chopped potatoes or onion or zucchini, or whatever veggies you have on hand!
Steam the vegetables with the bouillon cube until soft, then drain. Mix the curry paste with the sour cream and let sit, covered for fifteen minutes.
I use leftover mashed potatoes to make samosas, mixed with some curry powder to taste and peas. Then spread on a pie crust and cover with another pie crust, bake at 350° until brown and crispy. I admit it- this in no way resembles real samosas, but it’s a good way to use leftover mashed potatoes!