I love spinach salad, or any salad really with fresh, dark greens. But spinach is especially suited to wintertime salads, as there is something richer and more substantial about the leaves. Here are six ways I like to eat it.
- With chopped hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced red onions and crumbled bacon, in a mayonnaise vinaigrette.
- With oranges and avocado (OK, more of a summertime variation!) in a honey mustard sauce.
- With chunks of tuna, tomatoes and garbanzo beans, with a lemon dill dressing.
- As a sort of Greek Salad (although aren’t all salads made in Greece, Greek Salads?), with feta cheese, black olives, tomatoes.
- With cooled boiled potatoes, shavings of Parmesan cheese and chunks of chicken, in Cesar salad dressing.
- With white beans, tuna and thinly sliced fennel.
How do you like your spinach salad?