1. An empty fridge is easier to clean. No more dirty shelves! And even the hardest to reach nooks and crannies are free of caked-on gunk. I’ve been known to take the bins of the doors of the fridge and run them through the dishwasher.
2. Think of all the good you are doing to the planet by turning your heat down! Lower heating bills are just a happy consequence.
3. Your mail carrier’s back deserved a break- how nice of you to cancel all your magazine and catalog subscriptions! Those packages from Amazon were a little heavy.
4. No more phoning a few thousand baby sitters just to find one free for Friday. And now you don’t have to feel guilty about leaving your kids at home while you go to the movies.
5. Nor do you have to feel guilty about not buying your kid (or yourself) that latest gadget. Self sacrifice builds character. And we all want our kids to have character, don’t we?
6. Thrift shops have the best clothes! Who wants to look like your coworker’s clone anyway? This way you get to exercise your personal sense of style, and feel good about all the deals your scoring. Not to mention that the proceeds usually go to charity- what a good deed you’ve done!
What’s your favorite benefit to not having any money?
Welcome to my StumbleUpon readers- I’m glad you found my site! Are you interested in learning more about frugality? Have a look around or why not subscribe to my RSS or email feed? Thanks for visiting!