I thought that France was immune from the ‘Putting Christmas Decorations Out Insanely Early’ bug, but I guess not. There are already Christmas decorations up in tons of stores- some even started before Halloween! This is the earliest I’ve seen it in the nine years I’ve lived here. Bah humbug.
Meanwhile, here are some of my favorite reads for the week.
- Gifts you can sew! @ Skip To My Lou
- Drivers Who Switched… @ The Devil Went Down to Georgia
- Online Games for Kids About Money
- Amazing soda shop
- Your Money – Five Money Woes That Can Trouble a Marriage – NY Times.com
- Best Ways To Invest Small Amounts of Money @ The Digerati Life
- The Home Stretch Can Be As Difficult As The Start @ I’ve Paid For This Twice Already…
- Entertaining Our Toddler @ Frugal Babe
- Kyle’s Coupons: Not-So-Common-Sense Money Saving Tips @ Being Frugal
I’m starting a new feature on the Weekly Round-Up: My ‘Frugal Tips of the Day’ from my Twitter account. While I do tend to post the same links to my Twitter account and my Good Reads page, the ‘Frugal Tips of the Day’ links only go to Twitter. I’ll start including them here, as well, so that those of you without Twitter accounts (Hi Mom!), can still find them.
- Frugal tip of the day: cancel an email membership. If it doesn’t come to you, you’re less tempted to spend.
- Frugal tip of the day: Unclogging your drains environmentally can be frugal as well.
- Frugal tip of the day: Sell something you own to bring in a bit of cash– but make sure to save the $!
- Frugal tip of the day: Dye your old sheets, towels, napkins.. to give them a new lease on life.
- Frugal tip of the day: Have an indoor picnic to break the mealtime routine and keep from eating out.
- Frugal tip of the day: Design your own wrapping paper!