As long as I have to interact with it, I’m not a big fan of snow. Too cold, too wet, too messy. Yes, I am a Los Angelena!
But today, when all I have to do is sit at home with my kids (and clean the house, answer a million emails, get caught up on work and deal with the after effects of the break-in) I can appreciate the pretty, white scenery outside my windows!
Meanwhile, here are some of my favorite reads for the week:
- Hobbyists Use Etsy to Trade Day Job for Hard Work – NYTimes.com
- GreenSnail.org-Shop-Children’s Consignment Clothing and More!
- Being frugal is back in fashion — latimes.com
- Essential Checklists on Real Simple
- Fresh Deals | 8 Rules for a Frugal Christmas in 2009 (+ 686 Gift Ideas Under $20)
- Our Cupboard was Bare @ Pinched – Salon.com
- Pinched – Salon.com :: Living in a Van in Grad School
- empapers by empapers on Etsy :: beautiful printable cards etc
- How much does it cost to run your home? | Move to Portugal
- Take digital photos at the toy store to create a photographic “Santa list” | Parent Hacks
Frugal tips of the day from Twitter:
- Frugal Tip of the Day: Go to the bathroom before you leave work. (no, really!)
- Frugal Tip of the Day: Think about more than just the cost of rent when choosing an apartment.
- Frugal Tip of the Day: Stretch your leftovers as far as you can- I’ve gotten 4 meals for 4 out of one chicken.
- Frugal Tip of the Day: Sometimes a simple change in habit can help break a major bad behavior.
- Frugal Tip of the Day: Make your home smell nice by making your own scent diffuser.
- Frugal Tip of the Day: An emergency kit kept handy will keep you from having to buy bandaids (or tampax!) on the run.
- Frugal Tip of the Day: Buying furniture doesn’t have to break the bank (just your back!)