The first item in this week’s round-up is a link to Unclutterer’s post on fire extinguishers. I’d like to add my own public service announcement about smoke detectors.
Get one (or many).
Install it (or them).
Check them regularly.
There should be at least one smoke detector and fire extinguisher on each level of your house, or, if you have a one-floor abode, on each end of your house. Counterintuitively, the smoke detector shouldn’t be too close to the kitchen, and the fire extinguisher should be far enough away from the stove that if there is a fire, you can still get at the extinguisher.
You should check your smoke detectors and fire extinguishers monthly, but if you don’t, now would be a good time to do that.
Meanwhile, here are some of my favorite reads for the week:
- Unitasker Wednesday: The fire extinguisher | Unclutterer
- Slow-Cooker Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake | Real Simple Recipes
- Cucumbers are cooler than you think « One Ordinary Day
- Black & White Printable Wedding Invitation Kit – Bike (Free, downloadable wedding invitation kit)
- Stretching Your Hair Color @ The Dollar Stretcher
- A Journey to a Simple Happy Life – A peace offering
- No-prep pasta: Grab ingredients from the grocery salad bar | Parent Hacks
- Making crackers, eating through the freezer, and generally being odd @ Saver Queen
- Make Your Own Girl Scout Cookies : Our versions of Samoas, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints – CHOW
- Email Answer: Money Management? | Young House Love