I haven’t done a weekly round-up in a while, so long that it’s starting to feel more like a month! (In case you didn’t know, you can always check out my favorite links on an ongoing basis on our Good Reads page.)
Here are the favorites from the past week…or two…or three!
- Balancing Everything » Necessity is the Mother of Invention
- Budget family travel idea: Create your own city guide | Parent Hacks
- Cucumber Salad :: Baked Bree
- How your social media can affect your personal finances | abc12.com
- Do You Use Coupons? – Saving Money – Lifehacker
- Family Balance Sheet: Family Office Manager: Does your family have one?
- Shake Your Cloth Diaper Booty V: FAQ & Resources « Little Big
- Gadanke | Celebrate your story
- Life List: Create a Working Menu « Little Big
- Your Money – The New Money Rules for Recent Graduates – NYTimes.com
Here’s a bit of promotional information about an iPhone ap called Garage Sale Tracker- it might be of good use for those of you with iPhones!
The apple iPhone has revolutionized the way people shop and interact with the world through technology. Whether it’s checking your balance through Bank of America, scanning for electronic coupons, or finding local consignment stores and flea markets well there is an app for that.
Saving money is something that we all obviously enjoy doing and integrating technologoy to find the best deals is only logical. Garage Sales Tracker just launched a new iphone application and iphone giveaway to get the word out about the latest frugal application that allows you to find all of the local consignment stores, flea markets, and garage sales within your given radius as well as giving you turn by turn directions courtesy of http://www.google.com so you never have to worry about getting lost and wasting money on gas ever again.
Yard Sales are an excellent way to shop as a frugalite because they afford you the opportunity to find deals of second hand items that are marked down so cheaply because of the fashion they are being sold in as well as being tax free and with summer time right around the corner it might be the perfect time to start checking out the local sales.
Some quick and frugal yard sale tips are:
- Haggle and Bargain for a lower price
- Bring exact change to get a better price
- Come early as thats when the best deals are
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!