While I may fall down in some areas on the frugal front (making and sticking to a budget, for example), one of the things I am rather good at is finding ways to repurpose things, either after they’ve served their original purpose or while they’re waiting to be used in the first place.
Like when we moved into our new apartment and we couldn’t find a cabinet to hold our towels that would fit into our cramped bathroom? I reused an Ikea kitchen cabinet that we ended up not needing for the kitchen. Or when you’ve burned the soup- you can use a spoonful of peanut butter to get rid of the burnt taste- not that I’ve ever tried this tip myself, mind you. My latest brainwave has been to store bars of soap in the aforementioned bathroom linen cabinet. If you let bars of soap dry out before using them, they last longer. And I’ve found that by leaving them with the towels, it makes the bathroom smell nicer. For another hack for a better smelling bathroom, check out the Apartment Therapy link below!
- Retail Credit Cards: Pros, Cons & Alternatives :: The Digerati Life
- Instant Air Freshener For Small Spaces | Apartment Therapy
- Loaded Ice Cream Cake – Clockwork Lemon
- How to Make Things Harder and Do Nothing :: Small Notebook
- 10 Tricks to Get Kids Outdoors | The Grass Stain Guru
- The Mother Load: The Cost of a Homemade Happy Meal – The MomAdvice.com Blog
- 10 Easy Ways to Minimize Your Life Insurance Premiums
- How to Fuse Plastic Bags into a Laptop Case – Threadbanger (Video)
- 15 House Plants You Can Use As Air Purifiers
- Reusable & Reversible Swiffer Sock: Free Pattern : TipNut.com