We’ve been besieged by flies this last week- it seems like they’re everywhere! They’re not particularly big, but they are annoying. Luckily my kids have been having fun chasing, trapping and releasing them (although I have a sneaking suspicion they just come back).
We don’t have screens on our windows (nor can we install them), so prevention is not the cure. Does anybody have any frugal, environmentally (kid) friendly tricks to get rid of the little buggers?
Meanwhile, on to our favorite links for the week:
- Indie Fixx: Make your own hand/body cream!
- Salvaged cupboard door = serving tray – Craftynest Ikea ‘as-is’ department, here I come!
- Cleaning Products: Are you spending more than needed? :: SmallNotebook
- Simplifying the Closet | Modern Gal
- Om-Nom-Nomnivore – Hot and Fresh Flour Tortillas Homemade tortillas- yummy!
- How to make gift bags from newspaper | How About Orange
- 27 Great Tips for Around the House | Milk Your Money Tip #22 is genius!
- Don’t blow your dough! Use the Windfall Planner Worksheet | Squawkfox Another fantastic article from Squawkfox, this one on how to allocate any windfall you have coming in. I know I’ll be using these ideas for my tax refund!
Have a great rest of the weekend!